Monday, April 21, 2008

The Power of Words

Yesterday was a trying day. It started out fine, but it ended on a sour note. Sometimes people can say such insensitive things and manage to deeply offend you while being completely oblivious to having said anything offensive. I won’t say I’m politically correct or anything because I know I say some offensive things sometimes but I try not to say things that might hurt someone’s feelings. There are a lot of times when all it takes is an extra second of thought to edit yourself and rethink your chosen words. I’m not saying you should walk around censoring yourself, I’m just saying you should try not to put your foot in your mouth and you should respect people who respect you.

We don’t have to agree on everything, but respect my right to disagree the same way I respect yours. I don’t think that’s too much to ask for.

Emotional status: A little better than yesterday, but still a little down.

No comments: