Thursday, April 3, 2008

Hello, I'm Weird

I’ve been thinking about a lot of things lately. I think I call myself weird or odd too often. I do it without really giving it much thought, but I noticed it today and yesterday. I guess it’s like a disclaimer because I know I do strange things, so it’s easier for me to explain that I’m weird before I do something strange. I don’t have a problem with being weird. I accept it and embrace it. When I say normal is overrated, I mean it. I don’t say it just to say it.

I enjoy having discussions with people about what is normal and what isn’t. Everyone has some trait that isn’t considered normal, but some people choose to hide it and only share it with their closest friends, while I choose to be who I am. Take it or leave it. Some days I may annoy you to death, or try to talk you to death and other days I may sit next to you and barely say two words. Obviously I talk to my friends and my family the most so they’ve adjusted to my peculiar ways, which is a good thing because I know they love me for me.

The problem I’m having though is that my heightened awareness of what I say has me wondering how it comes across. What do people think when I tell them I’m weird. I know I’ll forget all about it in a couple of days, but right now, I can’t help but wonder.

Emotional status: I was content most of today, but now I’m starting to feel a little down.

No comments: