Monday, March 12, 2012

Lost Love

I randomly thought about Roman and Deniz today. I miss them. I don’t know why they had to kill off Roman’s character (besides the fact that Dennis was leaving the show). The actors who portrayed Roman and Deniz had great chemistry and they were so sweet and loving sometimes that it almost felt real. Of course I can say the same thing about Christian and Oliver, my other German obsession, but I’m focusing on Deniz and Roman right now. It broke my heart when they were apart, but I never doubted that they would find their way back to each other, because they had that epic soap opera love. I’m talking Reva and Josh from Guiding Light kind of love or Carly and Jack from As the World Turns. As dysfunctional as soap opera love can be, there’s something about having that one person who as Carly would say, “is your true north.” I thought the compass thing with Carly and Jack was corny, but I’ve seen it in a few different love stories now and I guess even I have softened to the symbolism of the compass. You’re never lost if you know what direction home is in. It doesn’t mean it’s going to be a straight path. There will definitely be unexpected curves and maybe a few surprise mountains but one day, you’ll climb a mountain and you’ll look down and see the one place you want to be.


I found this video on YouTube and I found it bittersweet, so I’m sharing it.



Status: Waiting for someone to give me a compass. Lol.

No comments: