Friday, March 23, 2012

Etch A Sketch Madness


I remember the Etch-a-Sketch. I never drew anything amazing and I did get frustrated on more than one occasion, but I still had fun with the Etch-a-Sketch. I was never that good with the Etch-a-Sketch. I tried, but I had and still have the artistic ability of a rat.

In other news: high school students are reading books that are written at the fifth grade level. I would be outraged if that wasn’t the norm. Most newspaper articles are written at the sixth grade level. Some articles are below the sixth grade level, some are above. Whatever the case, newspapers aren’t written at a challenging level. The article claimed that students weren’t being adequately prepared for college level reading. This isn’t something new. A lot of students aren’t adequately prepared for college.

Status: Ready to enjoy my Friday.

No comments: