Friday, March 2, 2012

Leave the Kids Alone

I’m a teacher and I don’t understand how teachers view their students as sexual objects. I consider my students my kids. It’s questionable when a professor dates a student, but at least that’s at the college level. A teacher dating a high school student or middle school student or elementary student is icky and I don’t think it should be referred to as dating. Call it what it is: abuse. People want to point to Mary Kate Letourneau and Vili, but that is the exception. If you meet your “soulmate” and your soulmate is underage then you need to wait and completely leave them alone. You need to stay away from them and do all that you can to never be alone with them. You need to think of all the horrible things that can happen to you if you act on your twisted thoughts. I understand that it’s easy for me to say these things because I am not attracted to babies. Babies are cute, but there isn’t an attraction. And by babies, I mean anyone 24 and younger. Now that I think about it, I’m probably the person in the minority on this one. Our country enjoys salivating over underage celebrities and counting down until that celebrity reaches 18. I, on the other hand, am one of those annoying people who doesn’t like the way teens have been sexualized.  

Status: Wishing people would leave the kids alone.

No comments: