Friday, March 9, 2012

Dear Pope: MYOB

I don’t understand why the Pope is coming out against the legalization of gay marriage in America. The Vatican must sense a shift on the horizon. People are beginning to realize that two legal adults should have the right to marry. I’ve seen comments from people quoting the Bible to support their anti-gay messages. I’m not even going to comment on that except to say that the majority of the references to “homosexuality” were not in the oldest known version of the Bible. I won’t go there though; instead, I will point out that most people do not adhere to the literal word of the Bible. The 98% of American Catholic women who have used contraception can attest to that. We are all sinners, so let’s stop judging each other and let’s focus on getting along because sin is not hierarchical. Sin is sin, period.

No comments: