Friday, February 24, 2012

Someone Needs to Buy That Man A House

I was watching the World News tonight and I saw a story that threatened to break my heart. A 64 year old man was featured in one of the stories. The man had been fired from his job. He slipped out of the middle class and now receives food stamps. Unfortunately, his food stamps didn’t cover much in terms of food so he was skipping breakfast in order to save money. As if that wasn’t bad enough, the man became teary-eyed when he spoke about the possibility of losing his home. He had lived in the house since he was twelve years old. I almost cried with him. My first thought was that someone needed to see his story and buy his house for him. I couldn’t imagine being in his position. I try not to complain too much about my job because I know that I’m lucky to have one.

Status: Hoping someone buys that guy’s house for him.

No comments: