Monday, February 20, 2012

Skeletons in the Closet

I always feel conflicted about pulling people out of the closet. Most people should have the right to tell the world on their own terms. It should be a personal decision and those who are privy to inside information should keep the secret, but there are some times when the secret needs to be exposed. I wrote a short poem on the topic:

Projection

Let’s not speculate or pontificate
Let’s just set it straight
You can’t be honest with yourself and that’s okay
But don’t spend your time trying to stand in my way
Don’t put me down because you feel low,
I shouldn’t bear the guilt that you fail to show
You don’t trust the world with your secret
And it’s okay for you to keep it
But don’t attack me because you don’t like yourself
The blame for that belongs to you and no one else.

No comments: