Thursday, February 23, 2012

I Miss Passions

Days of Our Lives now has a gay storyline. I used to be on top of these things. I guess working full-time and giving my writing an honest effort has me slipping. I missed the build up to the storyline. Fortunately, the short clip that I saw reminded me why I don’t watch Days of Our Lives. The show just never appealed to me, even after it took in some of my favorite Passions and Guiding Light people. I used to love Luis on Passions, but I don’t even know the name of the character that Galen plays on Days of Our Lives. I should probably look that up.

I miss Passions. That show was ridiculous, but that’s what I loved about it. I saw the very first episode of the show and I was excited to watch a soap opera from the beginning. I was still in high school for the first few years of the show, so I missed a lot of episodes, but the summer was enough to get caught up, because the show didn’t move too quickly. I watched the show from time to time in college and I had some of my friends watching it, too. Their initial reactions were always the same as mine, “What the hell is this? This is terrible!” But the show was so bad that it was good. It didn’t take itself seriously and I loved it for that. I was sad to see it go.

The Galen I'd Take to Meet My Mother:


The Galen I'd Take Home:

No comments: