Thursday, January 19, 2012

Trying Not to Burn Out

Today has been one of those days. You know, one of those “what else can go wrong” kind of days. The month of December was horrible for me and January seems to be headed down a similar path. I always try to find the bright side, but sometimes there just isn’t one. December was a month of allowing myself to be used because I wanted to try different things and I don’t think that I have fully recovered. I spent the first part of January feeling good about myself and my small victories, but on days like today, small victories are nothing more than insignificant specks of dust because all I can focus on are the many defeats. I need to give myself a pep talk because I’m stringing together too many not so good days. Granted a few of those days were not so good because of certain people, but that isn’t an excuse. I don’t like feeling down. It doesn’t fit my personality. Maybe I’ll feel better after I take a nap. I don’t know. Maybe I should watch television because that usually makes me forget my problems for a little while.

Tomorrow better be a good day.

Status: Trying to shake the feeling that I’m about to burn out.

No comments: