Friday, September 26, 2008

Rambling

So I’m doing well. I spent yesterday putting a ceiling in and I spent today performing assessments for people. Yes, fun times all around! If only. I’m just happy I get to kick back and relax this evening and watch the presidential debate. I know I’ve watched presidential debates before but I don’t remember any of them. I’m excited but I have a feeling that I probably won’t enjoy the debate, but I’ll soldier on and watch it all just because I started watching it in the first place.

On an actual happy note, I’m supposed to be catching up with some old friends this weekend. I hope it happens. I haven’t seen some of them since January. I actually didn’t realize it had been that long until right now. Wow! That’s most of the year.

The paper I wrote the article for is trying to screw me. They don’t want to pay me. Can you believe it? They ran my article and the photographs I took and they don’t want to pay me anything. I swear these things only happen to me. I have that “I’m a genuinely nice person who will just cut my losses when you screw me” look. Last time I checked freelance reporters get paid unless it is otherwise agreed. I’ve written things before and been paid. This is the first time someone has pulled this type of stunt. That’s why you should always get things in writing. I had a feeling the situation would turn out this way, but I’m not even upset about it. The guy wants me to write some more articles for him. I told him we’d have to play by my rules for any additional articles. The only thing I like doing for free is my creative writing and that’s just because it makes me feel good to know that people are reading it, even if some people do hate it. What's the point in writing all the things I write if no one ever reads them but me?

Well that’s almost all that’s happening with me. I’m going to start a new tutoring/teaching thing on Monday. Hopefully it goes well. It’s going to mess up my entire writing schedule though because I do a lot of writing at night and now I won’t be able to do that until the weekends. I have to make actual lesson plans for the students and everything. Sometimes being an adult with responsibilities and goals in life sucks and not in the good way.

Status: Finalizing the date when The Science of Us will be available in book form and hoping people don't hate the changes I've made to the story.

1 comment:

bow said...

they don't want to pay you?? that shouldn't even be legal...