Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Can You Feel That?

Today was one of those not so good days. I spent most of the day feeling fairly numb. Things that usually would have irritated the hell out of me didn’t bother me so much. My time was wasted and I didn’t care. People made some snotty comments to me and I brushed them off. Other people tried planning my future for me and I just ignored them.

I don’t know what was wrong with me today. I wasn’t sad. I guess I was just apathetic. I didn’t care either way. Maybe I didn’t get enough sleep last night or maybe I was so frustrated this morning that I choose to just shutdown for the day instead of expressing my anger at the situation. Whatever the case, I felt like a drone.

I thought the entire day was going to be filled with numbness then I received a phone call letting me know that my article had been published. That changed everything for a few minutes. I was excited as I sped to the local store to buy the paper, only to find that the new copy hadn’t arrived yet. I know the paper only comes out once a week, but still, you would think it would be distributed to all locations by 4 pm. I guess I’ve been spoiled by papers that are actually delivered first thing in the morning.

A relative got one of the papers and gave it to me when they found out I didn’t have one. It was a kind gesture and I really appreciated it, but I wasn’t overly happy about it anymore. It was nice to see my name in print (where it belongs). That finally brought me out of my weird state of mind. I feel good right now. I’m hoping it lasts through the night.

Status: Thrilled that the numbness has passed.

1 comment:

bow said...

it's like scarlet o'hara said, "after all, tomorrow is another day!" :)

i sincerely hope you feel better tomorrow.
and congrats on the article, once again