Thursday, September 11, 2008

I Got The Message and I Concur

So I woke up this morning to find an email from an online acquaintance telling me that my last post sounded like that of a bitter American. I wondered why they didn't just leave a comment then I was excited that I now know of three people who read my blog. I don't mind criticism even public criticism. I don't like it when people are nasty with their criticisms, but I rather enjoy hearing counter arguments that can open my eyes to a different perspective. Comments and critiques both make me smile, although I will confess that comments make my smile a little wider.

So speaking of the post, I reread it this morning. It is a bit angrier than I realized and I concede it does have a bitter ring to it. Maybe I am bitter. It's hard to explain to people from other countries why America does the things it does. And it sucks when you vote for the losing team because obviously you thought your team was the best.

Anyway, I'll do a regular post later.

Status: Admitting someone else has a valid point.

1 comment:

bow said...

well, i'm pretty much a straight up cynic, so when people criticize me, i get pretty angry :)

but i do agree about people who are nasty with their criticisms; it's one of the things i can't stand the most.