Tuesday, May 13, 2008

That Is Not Your House

I went to do more manual labor on the rental property today. Who the hell breaks a shower head and uses duct tape and an empty bottle of conditioner instead? When you break something like that, you should tell the landlord. The landlord shouldn’t come over to fix something completely different and look up and see a freaking empty bottle where the shower head should be. Anyway, I helped my father fix the shower head and then we fixed the railing that was coming down the stairs. We had put a new rail in before we rented the house and the rail was nice and sturdy, unfortunately, the woman who moved in has some rough ass boys and I guess they proved stronger than the railing. While at this horrid place, I noticed that not only is the new carpet ruined, but it’s also missing in some places. I hadn’t gone upstairs the last time I was there, but this time I went upstairs and saw one step without any carpet on it. If we had put down the carpet ourselves I might think we messed up or didn’t do it well enough, but my father had the carpet professionally installed because he wanted it to be done right and last a while. I guess my father wasted his money! If I had known the type of people who were moving in, I would have suggested we do it ourselves.

I spotted a hole in the wall that wasn’t there before. It was round and could have been made by an elbow, but probably was made by something else. The water in the toilet upstairs was running and I saw what the problem was and fixed it myself. All the people at the house had to do was put the chain on the hook because the chain was hanging too long and getting stuck under the stopper which was causing water to slowly trickle down. It took all of five seconds for me to fix it. I noticed that the broken door mirror from last time has been broken more. The bad part was that I wasn’t looking around to see what was wrong, but everything was popping out at me.

I still don’t get why they want to live that way. My father rented them a nice home and it’s going to be squalid by the time they get evicted.

Status: Trying to convince my father to try to end the people’s lease early since they violated the agreement by having too many people staying with them.

No comments: