Thursday, May 29, 2008

I Feel Different

I need to do some work on my website. I keep pushing it back, but I’m going to be out of town soon and I know I won’t be working on the website so I need to make a few changes sooner rather than later. I’m imposing a deadline on myself for Starving For Love because I’m getting ridiculous. I don’t understand why I won’t take the two minutes to log in and update the story. I am updating it by Sunday at the latest.


I’m Getting Old


Yesterday I was a year younger and a few steps closer to where I started
Today, age has given me false maturity and driven me closer to the end
Each day passes like a circling shark, testing the waters before attacking
I grow older by the second and wiser by the minute
The promise of the Golden Years haunts me while I sleep
Fantasies of weakened states and fading health,
Placing bets on which faculties I’ll lose and which will remain
Wondering which disease, if any, will launch an assault without warning
I live for the hope that tomorrow finds me in good health
And for the dream that all time is precious
I don’t worry about wrinkles or sagging skin
Exterior beauty fades
I worry about losing memories and abilities
And I pray that towards the end, each day will be a blessing
And I’ll remember where I’ve been and who I am
Because the most important part of my life is that I lived it.


Status: Actually feeling a year older.

No comments: