Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Not A Good Memorial Day Weekend

It was a rough holiday weekend. There was another death in the family. I didn’t know that person well either, but when I went to her house to see her daughter, I remembered her daughter and I remembered the house so I know I’ve been there more than once during my adult life. I don’t recall staying there long either time and I can’t picture the face of the woman who died either, but at least this time I remember something. I don’t think I can get out of going to the funeral so I guess I’ll be there whenever it is.

I had a lot of family come in to town on my father’s side. A few of them were from Detroit so they were pretty upset when the Detroit Pistons lost the home game to the Boston Celtics. I’m sure they were happy that the Pistons won last night. I don’t care whether Detroit or Boston wins because my Cavs are gone, but I keep hearing rumors that everyone wants Boston and LA in the finals so I can’t stop myself from watching parts of the Boston-Detroit games. I must be one of only a hand full of people who don’t like the idea of a Boston-LA matchup. I’m not sure why I don’t like it, probably just because everyone else loves it, but I don’t want to see it. Of course I’ll sneak peeks at the games no matter what. I just won’t be watching the full game. I haven’t seen an entire game since the Cavs lost.

All in all, events have conspired to keep me away from the computer, but I’m back now and I plan on posting the Starving for Love update soon.

Status: Tired of distant relatives dying and apologizing for being so heartless.

No comments: