Monday, January 12, 2009

Where I Stood

Fourteen years ago, I saved someone’s life and I never knew it until now. The New Year has ushered in some old friends and by old friends I’m talking like friends from middle school and elementary. I always think of myself as forgettable, so it was a nice ego boost to have people remember me and make contact with me. One of the people was a person I used to talk to on the phone every night and then we went to different middle schools and stopped talking. They said talking to me kept them out of trouble when we were younger. That made my day because, I’ve said it before: I aspire to do something great with my life. In my opinion, changing someone’s life for the better, even if you’re unaware of it, is something great. I think I can probably go a few months on the good feeling I have right now. My life made a difference in someone else’s life. Where would they be without me? They don’t think it would be anywhere good because they say that if they weren’t talking to me, they would have been getting in trouble.


And now to change the subject:

I was sitting at home the other day and I heard this song and remembered how much I once loved it. So I decided to share it. This version is a live performance on Jimmy Kimmel.

Missy HigginsWhere I Stood



Status: Thinking I could have easily written the chorus to this song.

No comments: