Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'm Not Liking Certain Things

I’m not sure what to write about. American Idol started again last night. It’s amusing to me that other people are becoming more and more obsessed with the show and I’m becoming less and less obsessed. The show just doesn’t have the same pull for me that it once did. I saw part of the first hour but quickly lost interest in watching. I may watch again when they get to Hollywood. I’ll definitely watch most of the episodes when they get to the final people. I’m not going to be upset if I miss an episode though.

I heard that the show is going to do more behind the scenes things this year and it’s going to have a Real World type of feel. I know my vote doesn’t count, but if it did, I would veto that decision. If I want to watch the Real World, I will turn to MTV and watch the Real World. American Idol is supposed to be a talent show and that’s what it should remain. Seeing how the people interact in the house has nothing to do with how they perform on stage. I’m really not excited at all about this change. I’ll reserve my judgment until after I see the episodes, but if they really do that, I’m not sure how many episodes I’ll watch. I have a hard enough time suffering through the extra stuff they show each season, like the commercials inside the show, but I understand that’s about the money, so I tolerate the mini-infomercials (thanks Ford), but I will not tolerate a Real World vibe.

Speaking of the Real World, I may watch it some this season because they’re in Brooklyn.

Status: Dreading the fact that tomorrow I will have to leave the warmth of my house and venture in to the deep freeze that has enveloped my region. I’m cold just thinking about it.

1 comment:

bow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.