Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ted Haggard Stands Back Up

Okay, so before I say anything, I’m going to admit that I did not watch the actual interview. To be honest, I had no interest in watching the interview. I saw a clip of Ted Haggard on Oprah on CNN. In the clip, Ted was explaining that he wasn’t sure if he was gay or bisexual or what so he asked his therapist. Um, I hate to be the one to break it to him, but your therapist can’t answer a question like that for you. Only you know what you think and how you feel. You can describe the difference for you in terms of being with a man or a woman, but you can’t capture the actual feeling. Only you know which you prefer or don’t prefer, if you prefer one at all. I’m not one of those people who believe that every man who has sex with another man is gay. Some people really do enjoy being with both sexes and some people really don’t care who they’re with as long as it is a warm body. I don’t know what his deal is. I have theories, but I don’t know the man so I can’t confirm my theories.

I, personally, could care less about him in terms of whether he can salvage some sort of career for himself, but I am glad to see that he is getting back out in to the public eye because it’s a good example of always getting back up no matter what life throws your way. I mean if he can stand back up after having his deepest darkest secrets exposed on a national level, there is no excuse for any of the rest of us to ever hide our faces.

Speaking of God and gay people, I watched Prayers for Bobby over the weekend. I knew it was going to break my heart and it did. It was such a sad story, made only worse by the fact that it was true. It was a good movie though and obviously my heart goes out to the Griffith family because no one deserves to lose someone that way.

Status: Eagerly waiting for the day when a single (as in unmarried) preacher will be caught with a man and drugs and the scandalous part will be the drugs.

1 comment:

bow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.