Sunday, July 26, 2009

Two Wrongs Makes You Both Wrong

I am so sick of the Gates story. How the hell did it become a major story in the first place? I haven’t read any of the articles, yet I know the story. Both men need to apologize to each other. Yes, I said it! I’m sure Gates wasn’t exactly polite considering he was sick and just returning from a long trip, (both of which can make people highly irritable) and then he’s barely home before he is accused of breaking in to his own house, that said though, once the police had his identification and saw that he did in fact live there, they should have apologized for the misunderstanding and left him at his house, free to curse them out until his heart was content. In my opinion, there was no need to arrest him unless he moved to attack one of the officers. Since the police and Gates failed to control their emotions, both should apologize. I think Obama should have said, “I believe both parties involved acted stupidly.” People still wouldn’t have liked the president using the word “stupidly” but I think it would have been a fair statement. Gates should have tried to be calm and the officers should have tried to be understanding. This incident was unnecessary. I wouldn’t call it an instance of racial profiling though.

I’ve been twittering for almost a week now and I am already bored with it, but I will try to continue a little longer. I think I owe it longer than a week. Anyway, I tweeted a poem a couple of days ago and I thought I would put it up here so I can keep track of it.

Halfway

You’re a gun loaded with blanks,
Confusing empty prayers with giving thanks
Moving in and out of plastic cars,
Finding happiness in nightcaps at bars
You’re constantly in the process of doing something,
Desperate to avoid the thoughts you have when you do nothing
You believe in letting things fall where they may,
So you only give enough effort to get you halfway.


Status: Wondering how the new Harry Potter movie is.

No comments: