Monday, July 20, 2009

What Are Tweets?

Today was one of those crazy days, where I was inspired to do random things. I joined Twitter and I worked on a new story that is nothing like anything I’ve written. It’s a bit sci-fi, so I don’t know how long I’m going to be inspired to write it, which means it will probably join the pile (or in this case, random disks collection) of stories I’ve started and then abandoned. Sometimes I revisit the stories and work on them, sometimes I don’t. That happened most recently with Voices in a Room. The story had been half done for years, and one day I read it and I was possessed by the need to finish it. Stories usually come pouring out of me when I get that feeling.

Now back to the Twitter thing. I’m thinking I need to come up with some idea to keep myself posting updates because I’m a pro at beginning things and not finishing them. I briefly thought about tweeting a novella or short story, but then I saw a Yahoo article about a guy who was tweeting his novel and that killed that idea. I don’t want to copy what someone else has done. I was thinking about doing something with poetry or maybe creating story snippets that are only a couple of tweets long or better yet, short stories that are ten tweets or less. The problem is that I get bored so easily. I’m going to try to think of something and actually update Twitter on a regular basis. People will probably be rather surprised that my life is just as boring as I say it is, of course that’s assuming people will read my tweets. Either way, I think it should be fun for a few days.

Status: Surrendering to peer pressure.

No comments: