Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ben Savage Makes Me Smile

I was watching Without A Trace last night because Law & Order SVU was not on and I saw the name Ben Savage go across the screen. I wasn’t sure if I was going to watch the entire episode but once I saw that name, I became more attentive because I was looking for him. I saw him and it brought an instant smile to my face and I remembered names like Cory, Topanga, Shawn and Eric. I can’t look at Ben Savage and not think Boy Meets World. Truthfully, I can’t hear his name and not think Boy Meets World. I sometimes think Little Monsters as well because I keep thinking he played a kid in that movie and his real life older brother, Fred Savage played his older brother. As a random side note, Fred Savage was good on Law & Order when he was a guest star. He’s another one who is locked in for me. I hear Fred Savage and immediately think Wonder Years and Winnie. It still makes me sad to remember that he and Winnie did not end up together, which may be weird to some because I think I was like nine or ten when the show went off and I don’t remember much about the show, but I do remember wanting to cry because of the way it ended. It hurt to know that they did not get married and I was upset that the narrator told us that, I would have preferred being kept in the dark and being allowed to fantasize that they did end up together. It’s strange that I thought so much about it when I was so young and for some reason that stuck with me.

Also, I can’t think of Ben Savage and not think of Rider Strong. Surprisingly though, Rider Strong doesn’t lead me directly to Boy Meets World anymore. I hear Rider Strong and think “Cabin Fever, what a horrible movie,” then I think Boy Meets World then I remember seeing him face to face. Rider Strong was in one of my introductory psychology classes during my freshman year at Columbia. His eyes are just as amazing in person as they looked on television.

Anyway, I brought this up because seeing Ben made me happy.

Status: Taking the scenic route down memory lane.

1 comment:

bow said...

Haha I was going to watch SVU last night too, but turned it off just as I saw it wasn't on. I would have probably watched the same thing and thought the same if I did keep watching it though. Creepy how that works sometimes...