Monday, March 17, 2008

Back Again

I thought about updating yesterday but I decided against it. It was a really good day though and I watched a few television movies last night. I’ll confess right now and say I watched Wisegal on Lifetime and then Cutting Edge 3 on ABCFamily. I loved the first Cutting Edge and I didn’t think a sequel could do it justice so luckily my standards were not very high for the Cutting Edge 2 and Cutting Edge 3. I won’t say the movie was a complete disappointment because I got what I was expecting, which wasn’t much.

Today was another unexpected day. I was hoping to make changes to the site, but someone else made plans for my free time and before I knew it, I blinked and I had been gone all day. I got home and relaxed a little, then I wrote the following poem:



Between the Sun and the Moon

I wake up this morning with the sun burning my face
White comforter, wrapped around me snugly, not warm enough to take your place
Staring at the sun hoping to be blessed with visions of you and memories of us
Soon I’m losing myself beneath the covers
Wishing I was losing you instead.

Acid falling on my pillow, brushing my cheeks and burning my nose
My eyes hang pictures of you smiling in the shadows
While my hands sculpt your image and mold it to my heart
Rays of sunlight darkening what once was bright
I paint your image on the wall, hoping to see it again in the moonlight.


Emotional status: Today was mostly good.

No comments: