Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Sunny Day Of Rest

I still have things to say about the NBA, but not today. I’m in the poem sharing zone again, so here is another one:



Lay-A-Way

I have chased you for as long as I can remember
Trying to reel you in as if you were a prize and not a person
As a child I was taught that you would be waiting for me
I believed in real life fairy tales and love at first sight
I thought seeing you and knowing it was you
Would be the beginning and the end of my search
But I thought wrong.
I have identified you and claimed you
I freely admit what I feel for you
I don’t hide my love when you’re around
Instead I proudly wear it on my chest like a medal of honor
But you return my feelings as if they are undeliverable
You say that you want no parts of the package I’m selling
You tell me fairy tales are for children and love is just a myth
So I follow you and try to change your mind
But my legs are getting tired of running behind you
And I am slowly dropping off of your pace.
I’ll never be out of your reach
Because I don’t know how to stop chasing you
But I’m going to take a couple of steps back
And I’ll be ready in the future,
When you decide to take me out of lay-a-way.

Status: I have a slight headache, but I’ll survive.

No comments: