Monday, June 1, 2009

I'm Back

So I spent the end of last week in South Bend, New Buffalo and Chicago partying with friends to celebrate my birthday. As of May 28, I am 26 years old. Wow! I’ve been waiting a whole year to get to this age. I spent my entire year of being 25, thinking and saying that I was 26 until I realized my error and corrected it. I must have looked like an idiot on countless occasions, telling people I was 26 and then saying, “Oh no, I mean, I’m 25.” I have a really good outlook on this next year of my life. 26 must be lining up to be a great year since I spent so much time trying to pretend it was already here. I can be a little superstitious when it comes to things and sometimes I read too much in to things. I hope I’m not reading too much in to this.

For those who live under a rock, the Cavs lost to the Orlando Magic, as I said they would. I’m not disappointed in LeBron for walking off the court or not speaking to the media. I get it and everyone who watched him play in the playoffs this year should get it. He left his heart out on that floor and now he has to pick it up and do it all over again next year.

I’ve been having a very good, unproductive day. Tomorrow I will be back to the standard humdrum. I finally saw Miracle at St. Anna, last night. It was long as hell and a bit slow in parts but it wasn’t that bad. The actual story had many layers, which I like to see in a movie.

I feel really happy today for no good reason.

Here’s a random poem:


Pocket Full of Daisies

He was never one to stop and smile
Never one to appreciate the beauty in the here and now
Until he met her
She freed him from the cloud that hung above him
Then she made the sun come out
He finally stopped to look around
And noticed the little moments
He held tight to the memories they made
And clung to them once she was gone.

Status: Enjoying my day.

1 comment:

bow said...

Haha it was my birthday on the 8th too, Happy Birthday!