Friday, June 5, 2009

Media, 1. David Stern, tbd. (AKA The NBA Commissioner Caters to the Media)

So the media had a field day with LeBron’s unsportsmanlike behavior, especially the part where he had the nerve to not speak with them, I mean that was just beyond redemption. The NBA originally said that it wasn’t going to do anything to LeBron, this was the first time he had ever snubbed the media, so the NBA was letting it slide, but the media couldn’t let it go. The media made a big story out of what should have been a small side note and as a result, the NBA reconsidered its original decision and changed its mind. LeBron James was fined a whopping…wait for it…wait for it….$25,000! Wow, I mean that fine is really going to teach LeBron a lesson. I don’t think LeBron would ever do something like that again, not because he was fined what amounts to about twenty dollars to him, but because of the huge media storm that ensued. I thought the media would be obsessed with the fact that Orlando won, but they weren’t, instead, the media still found a way to talk about Kobe and LeBron instead of Kobe and Dwight. Now that LeBron has been fined and issued an apology, which is funny considering who delivered the apology for him, hopefully we can move on. The Finals have started and I’d like to go through them, without hearing about LeBron every day.

Since I’m on the subject of the NBA, I think the league’s one year removed from high school rule is a bunch of garbage and everyone knows it is. I’d actually be fine with the rule if it applied to all players, but the rule does not apply to international players. Either the rule should apply to everyone, or the rule shouldn’t exist. I actually have more to say about this though. Maybe I’ll write it later, because I really should rest now. I had a tooth pulled today :-(.

Status: About to relax.

No comments: