Thursday, June 11, 2009

Optimism

I’m trying really hard not to comment on The Finals. I confess that I have been keeping an eye on them. I couldn’t stay away :-(. I haven’t watched an entire game though, just parts of games.

I’ve been fairly busy this week preparing for my real vacation, which will occur next week. Florida here I come! I still have absolutely no idea what I’m going to do there. I know Disney is off the list though. Whatever I do, I’m sure I’ll have fun and get some more rest and relaxation. I was hoping to post an update to the group before I left, but I only have one day to do it so the prospects aren’t looking too bright.

As for me, I’ve been feeling an odd mix of excitement for the future and sadness for the present. I have a really good feeling about the rest of this year, but my immediate life is not even close to what I want it to be. I’m not sure what you would call my current mental state. I’m not happy or sad. I’m just kind of here, biding my time until I’m happy again.

It seems I write a lot of poems inspired by relationships. I’m not sure where they come from. Anyway, here is another poem:

Good Friends

We’ll be good friends
Someday in the future
After the cracks are sealed
And the broken parts are swept up and thrown out
It will be like starting over
Without the drama of ending
Or the effort of making repairs
We can continue from where we are
Constantly moving forward and moving on
With short stops to reassess and redefine
But never to turn around
We won’t regret or miss what we once were
Instead, we will embrace what we have become
And appreciate the circumstances
That helped us heal.

Status: Procrastinating so I can do all of my packing at the last minute.

No comments: