Saturday, October 20, 2012

My Review of 3 Day Weekend



I’ve heard bad things about 3 Day Weekend and I finally decided to watch it this morning. The movie is about a group of guys spending the weekend at a cabin in the woods reminded me of an older movie. 3 Day Weekend wasn’t a great movie, but it was definitely not as bad as people kept saying it was. The timing of some of the scenes was a bit off, but it was tolerable. I usually am a bit squeamish with 20 year age gaps in relationships (unless both parties are over 50…don’t ask), but I was okay with the relationship in this movie. It was sweet. 

I saw some comments on the movie in which people complained about the looks of the characters. I liked that they were regular looking. 

I also liked that the movie looked at love from many different perspectives. There were single guys; there was a relationship that was just beginning, a relationship that was in its prime and a relationship that was at its end. The movie showed that you can find yourself in a relationship but you can also lose yourself in a relationship. Sometimes you can see that a relationship is about to end but you waste time looking for a reason instead of just acknowledging that it’s over.  

Overall Rating: C+

Anyway, watch the movie and make your own decision:


No comments: