Tuesday, October 23, 2012

After the Debate…

When I discover that I have made a mistake, I do my best to apologize and make it right. In an earlier blog I wrote that Romney said he needed 10-13 years to fix the economy. During the debate last night, Romney said it would take him 8 to 10 years to balance the budget. I stand corrected. I’m glad that he lowered the amount of time that he needs, but it doesn’t change the fact that he needs two terms to get the job done but he’s condemning Obama for not doing it in one term. Last night, I almost mistook Romney for Obama. When Romney called for a “change” in Washington, I remembered Obama saying the same thing when he was running for president. Unfortunately, bipartisanship is a two way street. When the media was calling the Republicans in Congress the “party of no,” I didn’t hear much objection from them. Congress shouldn’t be about making a statement or punishing the current president because you wanted someone else. There should be very few times when all the Republicans or all the Democrats in Congress vote against something or for something (case in point Obamacare). Voting along party lines has become sickening. There isn’t enough outrage about what Congress has done and not done. Our national credit rating wasn’t lowered because of President Obama, it was lowered because Congress was too busy playing games. If Romney wins the election then the Democrats better not become the new “party of no.” I don’t think they will, but I just want to put that out there. I don’t want them to think that the strategy worked for the Republicans and so it will work for them. I disapprove of any political party using that strategy because it hurts the country. If Obama wins again then I hope the Republicans will come back to the table and everyone can work together and focus on improving America. We can’t fix America as Democrats and Republicans. We have to fix it as Americans. I have said it before and I will say it again: On November 6, I am voting for the people who I believe are the best candidates; I am planning to vote for some Democrats, some Republicans and a few Independents, and I’m not ashamed of it. I don’t owe the Democratic Party or the Republican Party anything.

No comments: