Thursday, June 28, 2012

All About Magic Mike


This makes me think about the Chippendales.

Yesterday, if you had asked me what “Magic Mike” was about, I would have said, “Channing Tatum and a bunch of other sexy guys strip.” This morning, I happened to see a review of “Magic Mike” written for Cleveland.com (Click here to read the article).

The review said, “Warner Bros. is marketing the film to women and gay men.” To that, I respond, “Well duh!” Until today, all I had seen were scenes from the strip club or of the men talking about stripping. Of course the marketing was aimed at women and gay men, who else wants to watch men strip?


The article used a trailer that I shared before and I was reminded that “Magic Mike” is about more than stripping. The following trailer starts with stripping to pull you in, but it doesn’t stop there. This trailer tells you something about the plot (audible gasp):


 


Even after that trailer, all I can think about are the stripping scenes. I will confess that I am seriously thinking about going to the early bird showing of “Magic Mike.” Watching Channing Tatum, Matt Bomer, Joe Manganiello, Alex Pettyfer and Matthew McConaughey with little clothes on and on the big screen at a cost of about $6.00 is a steal. 

On a different note, Channing Tatum went on the Today Show to promote “Magic Mike” and this is what happened: 




 
Channing unbuttoned his outer shirt and revealed a “Magic Mike” t-shirt, but I have created a picture (thanks to Channing’s Saturday Night Live appearance) of what should have been revealed when Channing unbuttoned his shirt:



Status: Still trying to make a final decision about going to the theater to see this movie.

  

No comments: