Saturday, April 7, 2012

People are Idiots!

I came across an article on Yahoo! that only confirmed my contention that people are idiots. I’m not big on name calling, but if the shoe fits in this situation. A photographer took a picture of an elementary class. Later, the photographer was informed that two of the students did not have parental consent forms signed and thus those students needed to be removed from the image. One of the students was easy to edit out. The second student, a young black boy, was not easy to edit out because he was smack dab in the middle of the picture. The photographer offered to come back and take a new picture, but the school did not want him to do that. Instead, they wanted to cover the boy’s face with a star or a smiley face. The photographer did just that. The photographer covered the boy’s face with a black smiley face. Some people were upset and found the use of a black smiley face offensive. There is this thing called being overly sensitive and I think this is a good example of that. Since they get to be easily offended then I’m offended too. I’m offended that the teacher didn’t check the consent forms and keep those two children out of the picture. I’m offended that the school didn’t just let the photographer take a new picture. I’m offended that they created a problem, rejected the best solution then had the audacity to complain about a smiley face. Really people? If your residents are that easily offended then I’m wondering what’s going on in your town.


Here is the offending picture:


No comments: