Thursday, September 23, 2010

Here we go again

I need to work on being more focused. I have a lot of things that I want to accomplish before this time next year. I’m working on a few different ventures but I know I need to slow down and devote my attention to one or two things. Anyway, it’s random poem day.


Mama Said

Somewhere between whispers and tears lies what’s left of us
My mother predicted this was where we would be
She said you didn’t have it in you to stay mine forever
I should have believed her
She always wanted the best for me
And she never hesitated to tell me when I was falling short
Like that day, before I committed to you,
She told me I would regret my decision
She said she wished things would work out for us,
But she felt in her heart that I loved you more
Maybe she saw it, too.
Whatever the case, the rumors started about a year later
Yesterday, I caught you
You were somewhere between mine and his
When you should have been mine.
My mother warned me about you
I should have listened to what my mama said.

No comments: