Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Pain of Losing aka USC Beats OSU and Clijsters Beats Serena

I had to take a moment to gather myself. First Serena lost in a most unladylike manner and then Ohio State succeeded in blowing the game in the final minutes. I guess I was rooting for the losers tonight. Maybe that should tell me something. I’m a little too wired to sleep so I guess I’ll do some writing for a while so I can come down from the pain of near misses. I kind of figured Serena would lose to Clijsters, but I never expected the ending. And as far as the Buckeyes go, I pretty much figured they would bust their asses the entire game and then screw up at the end: it’s the Ohio way. There is still a lot of college football season left, but I don’t know if my heart can take it. I’m not even sure how closely I’m going to watch the Browns this year because I don’t know if I can deal with the stress. I don’t enjoy the adrenaline rush like most people do because I hate losing. It’s far more painful to watch a game and have your team lose, than it is to just look for the score after the game is over. Okay, I’m done for the night. I just had to write about the pain of losing.

Status: Kind of bummed. The only thing that makes me feel better is knowing that Nadal won because I have my fingers crossed for a Nadal Federer Finals....

No comments: