Monday, February 9, 2009

Serrated Edges

So much happened this weekend. I don’t know where to begin. It’s a shame that the stories I want to talk about are all about other people’s lives. Celebrities are real people just like the rest of us but whenever they mess up people care. I confess that I am actually more upset with Alex Rodriguez using steroids than I am with whatever happened between Chris Brown and Rihanna. Don’t get me wrong, domestic violence is not a trivial matter, but I don’t know exactly what happened between them yet so there’s still a chance that something may change my opinion of the situation, but with Alex, the reveal is over. Why Alex? Why? He said he felt a lot of pressure because he was the highest paid player. Um, okay. That doesn’t make using steroids okay. I am terribly disappointed in him. I’m happy that he stopped using them, but still disappointed that he used them at all. I remember when he and Derek Jeter first started playing professional baseball, back when I was much younger and they were much cuter. I hope next weekend brings better news because this weekend was bad.

Oh I forgot to talk about the Grammy’s. I don’t have much to say about the show. I saw it. I was happy to see Sugarland and Adele but I still don’t get why their performances were joined but not really joined. Either sing together or just give them two different sets since they essentially did two different sets until they came together at the end. I love Taylor Swift, but I wasn’t feeling the collaboration with Miley Cyrus, probably because I group Miley with the Jonas Brothers and I put Taylor right up there with Sugarland. I think I am one of the few people left in the world who does not like the Jonas Brothers. It’s nothing personal against them, I’ve just done the whole cheesy boy band thing before (Hi Backstreet Boys and N Sync and 98 degrees).

Here’s a random poem:

Serrated Edges

Though the light was transformed from the part that hurt
The dark still remained, reminiscing about the old times
The sun did its best to illuminate all that was there
But the darkness had already laid its claim.
Emptiness chopped down the progress,
Like a rusty blade leaving traces of its path
All that could breath on its own soon perished
While that which needed something else was left behind.
What was sharpened by a silver tongue can no longer last.


Status: Acknowledging my constant battle between changing and staying the same.

No comments: