Thursday, February 12, 2009

Everyone Knows Celebrities are More Important Than Real News

This has been a stressful week. I’m tired of hearing celebrity gossip but I can’t escape it. How did celebrity gossip worm its way in to regular newscasts? The news already focuses its attention on all that is wrong with the world, I don’t need to hear the same gossip rephrased every day about the same situation. In case you can’t read between the lines: I’m tired of hearing about Chris Brown and Rihanna. My goodness! Neither of them has released a statement to the media yet every day there is something new reported/leaked. The only thing I want to hear is what they have to say, even though their situation is none of my business. When one of them says something, let me know, until then, let’s talk about the plethora of major issues that are effecting America.

Speaking of issues effecting America: can we have the stimulus package already? And while we’re at it, can the government explain to all the people suffering in my state (Ohio) why their suffering will continue for the forseeable future because it is not the federal government’s responsibility to step in and help. The government will freely hand the American people’s money to banks but when its time to figure out a way to get the American people’s money back in to the hands of the people, then its time to sit down and do some serious thinking because Heaven forbid they spend too much of the American people’s money on the American people. Then again, as a disclaimer in case my ignorance has over simplified the issue, I freely admit that I know nothing about economics.

Status: Wondering why Chris Brown and Rihanna are getting more coverage than the stimulus package. Hmm. Which issue is more important?

No comments: