Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Don’t Talk About Michael Phelps For (Allegedly) Smoking Pot, Talk About Him For Being Dumb Enough to Do it In Public!

I wasn’t going to say anything about Michael Phelps and the bong, but I woke up this morning and realized that there was not something wrong with him, but rather with me and my assessment of his situation. When I first saw the headline, I wasn’t surprised that Phelps was smoking pot. I didn’t click on the story to find out more about his drug use; I clicked on the story to find out which one of his friends sold him out. After reading the article, I wasn’t bothered by the marijuana, but rather his stupidity. If he had done drugs with his friends and one of them turned him in, I would have said that was a bad friend, but he did drugs around a bunch of strangers who had absolutely no allegiance to him. I mean what did he expect? The most shocking part for me is that it took so long for the story to be published. I bet the American magazines didn’t want to touch it and that’s why it had to be published by the British first.

On a completely random note: Some people think it is strange that I have never tried marijuana or anything like that. I’ve been around people who were smoking marijuana. I’ve had people hold a joint up to my lips and try to get me to try it, but I pushed it away and continued talking. It’s just not something I’ve ever been tempted to try. I don’t want to know what I’m like when I’m high and I have no intentions of ever finding out. I do wonder how Michael Phelps was when he was high though. He seems like the kind of person who would be bouncing off the walls before he got high and then just kind of chill afterwards. Hmm, perhaps his fellow partygoers can enlighten us.

Status: Wondering what would happen if marijuana was legalized in all the states and wondering if I am the only person who thinks that the Super Bowl commercials are actually not as good as they once were.

No comments: