Sunday, October 19, 2008

Getting Organized

I’ve been grading tests this weekend. Some of the students didn’t even try. I can’t believe that they didn’t try. I was feeling down about it until I graded a few tests for students who did try. Those tests made me feel better, like maybe I wasn’t wasting my time. I’d like to add another reason to my long list of reasons why I can’t be a teacher: I get too emotionally involved. I take it personally when the students don’t do well. It makes me feel as if I must not have taught them well. I mean I know some of the students are at fault because they don’t pay attention but I can’t help it. I feel bad that the students performed so poorly. I can’t wait until I’m done teaching. It’s too much of a drag for me sometimes. I’m not cut out for it emotionally.

On a completely different note, I’m still on the schedule I set for myself to get Science of Us posted by the end of the month. Hopefully things stay on schedule.

I’m trying to be more organized. I’ve been making to-do lists everyday. I usually make to-do lists on rare occasions, but I’m finding the daily lists are useful. I made a to-do list every day last week and the week moved along well and I wasn’t upset with myself when I didn’t finish certain tasks. I just moved the task to the list for the next day. I’m not sure how long I can keep this up. I’m going to try to do it until I finish teaching. It’s the teaching that has really thrown a wrench in my regular schedule and pushed me to get more organized.

Status: Trying to put things in order.

No comments: