Saturday, May 12, 2012

Stronger




This video made me cry. Both of my parents have had cancer and it made me think about them. My mother had breast cancer. She had surgery, chemotherapy and radiation. I remember her being so sick and there was nothing that I could do but be there for her and hope for the best. Mother’s Day is tomorrow and this video made me think about all of the things that we have been through as a family. I’m lucky that my mother and father are still alive. I have quite a few friends who have already lost one or both of their parents.


I do my best to be there for my parents. I go to see them a lot and I call them a lot. I don’t want to lose one of them and regret not spending more time with them. I appreciate them now, while I have them because I know that I won’t have them forever. In truth, I probably spend too much time with them and that has had a negative impact on my love life. I’m currently working on trying to find a balance.

I’ve had a few personal setbacks recently, but this video reminds me that I shouldn’t complain. My problems are small when compared to fighting cancer.

No comments: