Thursday, July 10, 2008

But You've Returned

I had a boring day. I managed to post another update today so I’m proud of myself because I did it early but that’s about it. I decided to share another poem:


But You’ve Returned

Prospects of continuations of memories once cherished
Form in my mind and captivate my imagination
You’ve returned to me.

A stark contrast from the sudden departure that marked your exit
There wasn’t sadness or grieving, only a lack of closure
But you’ve returned.

Confusion controls the situation and manipulates my motivations,
Scoffing at the chance to mold a conclusion to what was once open-ended
Your return was unexpected.

Decisions are needed in order to finalize the connection
Either strings will be cut or strings will be tied
But what if your return is a lie?

No promises made regarding future departures,
Just a request to let the present stand on its own
You’ve returned with conditions.

The past remains unchanged by new beginnings
And my heart remains attached to you, yet devoted to someone else
But you’ve returned.

My requests for commitments are one sided
There is no precedence for you to establish roots
Your return is clearly temporary.

Clarity is given by your failure to acknowledge tomorrow
And imaginary scissors release the attachments
But you proclaim your much awaited return.

The end seems slight given the years devoted to possibilities
No fireworks or tears or sleepless nights
You’ve returned without wanting to stay.

Never giving up was a mistake made of complete free will
While letting go was dictated by necessity
But you’ve returned, only to leave again.


Status: Stable.

1 comment:

bow said...


i love this.



i noticed that no one leaves you any comments, and i imagined that that is a little lonely for you. just wanted to drop by and let you know that your work is appreciated :)