Sunday, June 9, 2013

I’m Free…for a few Months



I, the least likely to ever take a risk, have taken the biggest risk of my life. I quit my job! I have a few jobs lined up for August, but I’m hoping that I don’t actually have to do them. I’m going to spend the summer working towards my dream of being a full-time writer because I have the greatest amount of peace and happiness in my life when I am free to write at will. The last year of full-time employment was suffocating and at times depressing because I didn’t have time to devote to my true passion in life. I’m ready to grow as a writer and I know that won’t happen with me barely having time to write. 

I expected that I would be afraid, but I’m not. I feel like I am making the right move at the right time. I have a lot of goals for myself over the summer and I also have the comfort of knowing that I have a plan B. I hope that plan A works because writing is my dream job, but if it doesn’t at least I’ll be able to say that I gave it an honest try and I devoted months to improving my writing career. No matter how this turns out, this is one of the few times in my life that I am doing something solely for me. 

Wish me luck!  

2 comments:

Mtsnow13 said...

Good luck, and wishing you the best! How exciting!!

Lustyville said...

Thanks! I just got back from vacation, but I've already made a few moves with my writing.