Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Tale of Two Hearts

I’m trying to update more regularly. Today I decided to post a random poem like I used to do when I didn’t have much to say.

A Tale of Two Hearts

I grab the jagged edges of the broken heart you left behind
And I hold it to my chest and squeeze it tight.
I couldn’t fight any harder than I did
So I’m okay with my bloody hands
Because your hands won’t bleed like mine.

If we switched positions, your hands would still be clean
You wouldn’t allow yourself to hold something wounded
You’d shave the edges of the broken heart and fill in the voids
Then you’d say it was fixed
You wouldn’t care that it was smaller and missing pieces
Because your eyes have been trained to overlook the details.

I like the details, even the ones that draw blood
I want to be able to identify where it hurts, so I can begin to heal
You may be winning now, but when it’s all said and done
My heart will look like new and yours will look worn.

No comments: