Saturday, November 22, 2008

Will & Grace Watch Luke and Noah

Okay, so I was all for the Luke and Noah storyline on As the World Turns. It started out pretty good, it had a nice soapy feeling to it then it slowly became a complete drag. I was sick and tired of the storyline and it wasn’t just because the characters did not kiss for a long period of time, it was because the storyline was horrible, but I couldn’t complain because the other storylines on the show were just as bad. Eventually, Luke and Noah started acting like a regular couple and now have a real story, and though their new story is slightly disturbing to me, it is evidence that they are now being treated like a regular soap couple.

Anyway, I bring this up because I read spoilers about the show every now and then so I can decide if I want to bother watching the episode online or just let it be something I missed. I’m sick of Brad’s character by the way, but I’m in love with Carly. Of course I watched the episode where Brian kissed Luke! That was a must see episode. Although I admit that the kiss left me feeling squirmy like I had just witnessed somebody being molested or something. My reaction had nothing to do with the age difference and everything to do with the way the scene was shot and the dialogue was written. Brian was taking care of Luke like a father would and then suddenly he was stealing a kiss. It was troubling to me.

Now that I have gotten completely off topic, let me try to get back to the reason for this post. There was a long time when Luke and Noah did not kiss. The show found some creative and some less than creative ways to keep Luke and Noah’s lips from making contact. In one episode the camera panned away right when Luke and Noah were about to kiss. Some YouTuber has created a “Will & Grace” spoof of the Luke and Noah non-kiss by editing footage from both shows. I found it amusing, so I decided to share it.




I actually saw that episode of As The World Turns when it aired, and I had the same, wtf reaction when the camera panned away. That was when I knew for sure that Luke and Noah were going to take a few steps backwards and revert to elementary kids holding hands and calling that a relationship (not that there’s anything wrong with holding hands but this is a soap opera). Things are better now so I won’t complain.

1 comment:

bow said...

HAHA

i loved will and grace!