Sunday, August 31, 2008

Not A People Person

Today was not a good day. I had to socialize with people I had no interest in socializing with and that put me in a bad mood. Sometimes I wish I was more of a people person.

After Summer

Not worth living
That’s how it feels,
Like if it doesn’t bleed, it can’t be real.

Sentenced to blow away in the wind
While future replacements lie in wait.
How come old leaves have to go away
Just so new ones can take their place?

I used to think I could stay in this spot forever
But I’m being pushed towards the door
And pulled outside by a dream of something more.

Like the leaves, I can no longer remain stationary,
It’s time to glide through the air and try to fly.
A new journey ushered in by the return of fall,
The transition to winter has begun.

Status: Trying to be less miserable.

1 comment:

bow said...

and you know i love this too :D

"Not worth living
That’s how it feels,
Like if it doesn’t bleed, it can’t be real."

i love that...
and im not a people person at all either; you're not alone :)