Sunday, December 2, 2018

Feedback is Good...Sometimes

So, I made the mistake of having a friend read the sequel to Bump This before I released it. I had a secret plan to release it early December with the hope that some people would give it as a Christmas present. Anyway, I trust my friend and he told me that the story is too political. I mean, I guess I can see what he's saying. The plot of the sequel is as much about navigating the waters of different political parties as it is about the continuation of Keith and D. I was in a political head space when I wrote this version of the story.

My friend knows that I am extremely nervous about releasing the sequel and he's probably going to read this blog post (Hi) so he'll also know that I'm telling the world it's his fault if Bump This isn't released before Christmas. I now need to go back and edit it to make sure the politics don't "hit you over the head."

I'm going to make the edits, but I'm not letting anyone else read it. I'm going to post it, typos, flaws and all. I don't know what I'm going to do after I hit Publish. I haven't decided if I should disappear from the internet for a while or if I should stick around and see what people say. No matter what the case, this is a mental hurdle that I feel like I need to get over before I can completely move forward.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excuse,excuse, dude just give us the damn sequel already, we have been waiting long enough

Lustyville said...

The wait is almost over. For better or worse, I'm releasing the sequel on February 14, 2019.