Sunday, August 11, 2013

You and I




I felt like sharing a random poem today:

 You and I

You moved me
You pushed me down the stairs, around the table and out the door
My feet took baby steps
I thought about walking away
But I turned and begged you to give me more
I wanted that hurt because it came from you
I wanted to feel it, to breathe it, to bathe in it
I wanted it
And you gave it so freely

You touched me
You hit me before I fell, as I was falling and after I was on the floor
My arms protected my face
I thought about screaming for help
But I knew there was no one to hear me anymore
I wanted your love so I pushed away all others
I wanted to have you, all of you, not just part of you
I wanted you
And you denied me so easily

You broke me
You grabbed me, twisted me with your hands and struck me at my core
My body became limp
I thought about pulling away
But I knew it was my fault because I didn’t finish my chore
I wanted to tell you I was sorry
I wanted you to know it, to believe it, to finally see it
I wanted an end
And you were done so quickly

You scarred me
You ripped off the callous, squeezed it and put lemon juice on the sore
My soul wept for us
I thought about our years together
But I couldn’t get you to remember how we were before
I wanted to invade your mind
I wanted you to see us, to remember us, to want to be us
I wanted to go back
And you pulled me forward abruptly

You lost me
You hid me away, forgot what you had and what you kept me for
My heart ached for you
I thought about holding on
But I saw that you couldn’t look at me anymore
I wanted to warn you I was leaving
I wanted to face you, to tell you, to show you
I wanted to be strong
And you didn’t want anything for me.

No comments: