Monday, February 18, 2013

B.S. in Action – Pun Intended

I just watched the following interview:



I don’t know where to begin. Is this guy not aware that the Boy Scouts of America covered up allegations of sexual abuse? That doesn’t sound like an upstanding group to me. His argument isn’t worth the time it took him to say it. If “straight” scout leaders have abused boys and your only argument against openly gay scout leaders is that they will abuse boys or have inappropriate relationships with them, then clearly the organization needs to be disbanded because the boys aren’t safe with anyone. I do find it surprising that the host seems genuinely blown away by the guy’s ignorance. I like that she tried to insert a few facts in to their discussion and he skillfully skirted around them and kept going as if they were insignificant.

No comments: