Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Wrong Kind of Love



From time to time I get bored and post poems. This is one of those times:

The Wrong Kind of Love

I want to love you so good that you forget how to love yourself,
I want to comfort you so much that you can’t sleep without my help,
I want you addicted to me before you realize I’m bad for your soul.
By the time I’m done with you, loving me should be your only goal,
You see I’m a prizefighter in the game
There isn’t a heart I can’t charm in to going insane.
I’ll blind you in to seeing that I’m a dream come true
Without noticing that I’m a nightmare too.


I would like to dedicate this poem to all the halfhearted lovers in the world. Don’t pretend to be giving someone all of your heart when you know that you’re only truly giving them part of it.

No comments: